These butterscotch biscuits are a favourite in our house. I always make a double batch, but even that doesn’t last very long. They go down well with a cuppa for morning or afternoon tea.
They are so easy, with only four ingredients, our children can make them!
- 125 g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 TBSP golden syrup
- 1 1/4 cups SR Flour sifted
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and creamy.
- Mix in the golden syrup.
- Slowly add the flour, mixing well.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place on lined baking tray, about 5 cm apart.
- Gently press down the top of the balls with a floured fork to flatten slightly.
- For soft biscuits, bake for about 15 minutes.
- For very crunchy biscuits, bake for about 20 minutes.