As the oldest child of six children, my mother did a lot of baking, especially biscuits and snack type foods. One of the biscuits she made all the time, were rice bubble biscuits. The boys and I were talking about what I ate as a child, so I decided I would bake some of these rice bubble biscuits for them too.
These biscuits are easy to make and have only a few ingredients, many of which you will already have in your pantry. Keep them stored in an airtight container.
Rice Bubble Biscuits
- 125 g (4oz) butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups SR Flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups rice bubbles
- vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and beat well.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the rice bubbles.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in rows onto the greased trays.
- Press down lightly with a fork.
- Bake in a moderate over for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.