As the oldest child of six children, my mother did a lot of baking, especially biscuits and snack type foods. One of the biscuits she made all the time, were rice bubble biscuits. The boys and I were talking about what I ate as a child, so I decided I would bake some of these rice bubble biscuits for them too.
Rice Bubble Biscuits
These biscuits are easy to make and have only a few ingredients, many of which you will already have in your pantry. Keep them stored in an airtight container.
After creaming the butter and the sugar together, beat in the egg.
Stir in the flour before folding in the rice bubbles until they are just combined in.
Roll the mixture into balls and place on prepared tray.
Press down the tops of the balls lightly with a fork and bake for 12-15 minutes! Yum!
More Biscuit Recipes
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Condensed Milk Cookies
- Fresh Ginger Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Slice
- Milo Biscuits
- Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Rice Bubble Biscuits
- Butterscotch Biscuits
If you are looking for some great conversion charts for your kitchen, these Kitchen Conversion Charts are great. I have them laminated and held together with a ring for ease of use.
Rice Bubble BiscuitsSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 125 g (4oz) butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups SR Flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups rice bubbles
- vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and beat well.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the rice bubbles.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in rows onto the greased trays.
- Press down lightly with a fork.
- Bake in a moderate over for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.