With this Finish the Picture ~ Themes pack, children will be introduced to drawing as well as to symmetry all while working on their handwriting and story writing skills.
Directed Drawing for Kids
Children can easily become frustrated when it comes to being creative. Many times, it is because they aren’t entirely confident on where to begin.
These directed drawing activities for children provides them with an introduction to drawing skills. The step-by-step instructions are easy for children of multiple ages to follow and then duplicate for themselves.
While completing these directed drawing worksheets, children will become confident in their drawing skills while also
- learning to follow directions
- gain some amazing artistic skills
- increase their visual and spatial skills
- build their fine motor skills
With these printables, anyone can achieve wonderful artistic results.
Finish the Picture ~ Themes
With this no-prep finish the picture pack, children will finishing the pictures of 18 different objects in three different themes – Easter, New Year and Thanksgiving. There are two different pages, for children, depending on their age and skill level.
The first set contains the picture with dots which the children will connect to complete the picture. The second set contains the picture in a grid. Children will use the grid to complete the picture.
- Download the pdf file and print off.
- Children will need a pencil and eraser, to complete the drawing and write a short story.
- First, have your child trace over the dotted lines / draw in the grid to complete the picture.
- Then, they can colour in the picture.
- On the lines under the picture, children can write a story using some or all of the words in the word bank. The first word in the word bank is the name of the object.
- Finish the Picture – Objects
- Finish the Picture – Animals
- Letter of the Week ~ Alphabet Packs
- Let’s Draw – Storybook
- Learn to Draw – Seasonal
- Learn to Draw – Animals
- Colour by Code Worksheets
- Colour Sorting Mats
- Colour Printable Packs
- Doggy Colours Matching Cards
- Joseph and the Coat of Many Colours
The objects included in this pack are: chick, basket, cross, egg, bunny, basket of eggs, carrot, bunny resting, egg, fireworks, clock, noisemaker, party hat, balloons, headband, hat, hat, turkey.
These pages could also be laminated and children can trace the dotted lines / finish the grid with a dry erase marker before using the same marker to write a few sentences about the object. Then wash off and reuse. Hold together with a binder ring.
To download a copy of this Finish the Picture ~ Themes Activity, sign up below: