This Easter Dessert Board is a great option for your Easter gathering this year, with a little of everything, people can choose what they like and will enjoy this Easter.
Easter Dessert Board
You have probably heard of entertaining boards or platters before. This dessert board is a fun twist on these awesome platters.
This easy-to-make Easter board is a great dessert or snack – a lovely, delicious centrepiece for an Easter gathering this year.
This options are endless. Some ideas are:
- chocolate eggs
- marshmallow bunnies
- Candy eggs
- chocolate coated nuts, sultanas
- hollow chocolate eggs
- mini marshmallows
- Melting moments
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a fancy board. I purchase mine from Aldi for under $7. Any large platter, paddle board, Acacia serving board or even a tree bark round platter will do.
Styling your Board
Styling does depends on the shape of your platter. As I used a rectangular platter, I started in the middle with the bowls and then added each row of food.
- For the platter to look sumptuous, you need to have plenty of food
- Place any small bowls for nuts, fruits, small eggs, sauces or cream on the platter first.
- Work from the bigger items to the smallest ones
- Try to avoid placing different varieties of the same food next to each other
- Fill in the gaps or spaces with chocolate-coated fruit or nuts or plain berries as you don’t want any of the platter showing through
- Platters could be made ahead and covered loosely with cling wrap until ready to serve. Though I would keep it in the fridge with the chocolate until ready.
- For easy transport, make ahead on a board that has raised edges, wrap in cling wrap and keep in the fridge until leaving.
For this board, I used:
- Classic vanilla cupcakes
- Chocolate coated marshmallow Eggs
- Easter Hunting Eggs
- Candy Eggs
- Skittles – Smoothies
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Eggs
- Rocky Road Bites
- Lemon Melting Moments
- Mrs Kipling French Fancies Selection
- Meringue kisses
- Assorted macarons
- Hollow Eggs
- Belgian Milk Chocolate Easter Characters
- Malteser Bunnies
- Lindt Gold Bunnies
- Lindt Carrots
- Golden Oreos