A fun way to learn CVC words is with this exciting new CVC Pencil Puzzles.
CVC Pencil Puzzles
There are 42 different CVC endings that children can practice with, using one of two different sets of cards – a colour set and a black and white set.
To Prepare Using Multiple Times:
- Print out the pages on white cardstock or on white paper. Cut out each pencil and then cut the pencil out into four parts. Laminate for durability.
- If using the black and white version ~ colour in the pictures after printing out and before laminating.
- You could add a velcro dot onto the middle of each piece and four dots onto a piece of coloured card so that children can build the word onto the card.
- Have children pick up the piece of the puzzle that contains the picture. After saying the name of the picture, they can spell it out as they search for the letters to build the word.
- They could also colour in each piece of the puzzle if they wish.
- The pencils could be kept whole and used as cards for the children to read and spell the word. This would make a great activity for busy bags. Keep them together with a binder ring punched through the top left hand corner.
Other CVC Activities:
- Western CVC Words
- Build a CVC Word – Crab Theme
- CVC Tracing Strips
- Build a CVC Word – Construction Theme
- Build a CVC Word – Beach Theme
- CVC Christmas Tree Match
- CVC Easter Basket
- CVC Short A Activities
- CVC Short E Activities
- CVC Short I Activities
- CVC Short O Activities
- CVC Short U Activities
- Short A CVC Printables
To download a copy of these CVC Pencil Puzzles, sign up below.