Kids will love learning and practicing CVC words with this construction themed Build a CVC Word printable.
This construction themed Build a CVC Printable pack includes a total of 45 pages. It comes in both a colour version and a black and white version.
There are 42 different CVC endings that children can practice with, using one of two different sets of cards – one with the name of the picture and one without.
To Prepare Using Multiple Times:
- Print out the truck page on white cardstock or on white paper and laminate the whole page.
- Print out two or three copies of the alphabet letter pages on white cardstock or on white paper, cut out and then laminate the individual cards.
- Print out one copy of the picture cards – either the set with the words, the set without the words or both sets. This all depends on your individual child and how they are going with their CVC words and spelling
- If using the black and white version ~ colour in the pictures after printing out and before laminating.
- You could add a velcro dot onto the middle of each of the boxes on the truck and one of the back of each of the picture and alphabet letter cards if you wish.
- Place the cards into different piles. One pile for the picture cards (the set they are working on) and one for the letters of the alphabet. Have your child choose one picture card and place it on the box in the cab area of the truck.
- Children then read, or say, the name of the picture before looking for the alphabet letter cards to spell out the word.
To download a copy of this printable pack, click on the link below: