Ahoy there me hearties! These Create A Treasure Map printables are a fun way to introduce children to the basics of mapping. With so many uses, these treasure maps would also go well alongside a pirate themed unit or to help with fine motor skills, being used as playdough mats.
In this printable pack, you will find:
- 7 different maps
- 1 page of elements
- colour and black and white copies
To create your own Treasure Maps:
- Print out your chosen treasure map. Cut out your chosen elements. Decorate the map by drawing on different elements such as a volcano, boulders, a cave, an ‘X’, a pirate ship, message in a bottle and a treasure chest. Then mark out the path to follow to find the treasure.
- With the black and white copies, children can colour the maps in with markers, crayons or paint before adding or drawing in their own elements.
- Another idea is to laminate the maps after the children have decorated them, but before they have added the treasure, ‘X’, and the path. These can then be drawn on with a dry erase marker and erased to change when they want to. They could then be used as playdough mats, with children building decorations from playdough to create a fun map.
- After adding the path, children could take these one step further by writing out directions for the pirates to follow to get from their ship to the treasure.
To download your copy of this Create A Treasure Map Printable Pack, click on the link below:
You may also like: