This delicious pumpkin, feta and rocket salad is a lovely side dish that goes well alongside a bbq or as part of a pot luck dinner.
Pumpkin, Feta and Rocket Salad
This salad is so tasty, with soft pumpkin and feta, and fresh rocket. The honey in the sauce compliments the pumpkin amazingly, with the pine nuts adding some lovely crunch to the salad.
This recipe was easy to to throw together, the most time-consuming part was preparing the pumpkin. We have lots of rocket growing so crazily in our garden at the moment, I decided to use quite a bit of it, but this can easily be swapped out for baby spinach leaves.
To make this salad, you will need:
- olive oil
- rosemary, dried
- feta cheese
- rocket leaves or baby spinach leaves
- pine nuts
To Make This Salad
To make this salad, first combine the olive oil, honey, rosemary and garlic together in a large bowl.
Add the raw diced pumpkin and toss.
Place the pumpkin on a lined baking tay and bake at 220˚C for around 30 minutes or until it is soft and just starting to brown.
Take the pumpkin out of the oven and allow to cool.
When cool, add it to a bowl with the feta cheese, pine nuts and rocket.
Toss gently to combine.
Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with extra pine nuts, if desired.
More Salad and Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin, Feta and Rocket SaladSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 3 cups (450g) pumpkin, diced in about 3 cm cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP dried rosemary
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh rocket leaves
- 35 g pine nuts
- Combine the olive oil, honey, rosemary and garlic together in a large bowl.
- Toss through the diced pumpkin.
- Place into a lined baking tray and bake at 220˚C for about 30 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Take pumpkin out of oven and allow to cool in pan.
- When cool, add the feta cheese, pine nuts and rocket to the pumpkin and toss to coat.
- Place salad into a serving bowl and sprinkle with extra pine nuts if desired.
- Serve immediately.