This delicious pumpkin, feta and rocket salad is a lovely side dish that goes well alongside a bbq or as part of a pot luck dinner.
The honey in the sauce compliments the pumpkin amazingly, with the pine nuts adding some lovely crunch to the salad.
This recipe was easy to to throw together, the most time-consuming part was preparing the pumpkin. We have lots of rocket growing so crazily in our garden at the moment, I decided to use quite a bit of it, but this can easily be swapped out for baby spinach leaves.
Pumpkin, Feta and Rocket Salad
- 3 cups (450g) pumpkin, diced in about 3 cm cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP dried rosemary
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh rocket leaves
- 35 g pine nuts
- Combine the olive oil, honey, rosemary and garlic together in a large bowl.
- Toss through the diced pumpkin.
- Place into a lined baking tray and bake at 220˚C for about 30 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Take pumpkin out of oven and allow to cool in pan.
- When cool, add the feta cheese, pine nuts and rocket to the pumpkin and toss to coat.
- Place salad into a serving bowl and sprinkle with extra pine nuts if desired.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like: