Hubby loves pumpkin soup and this recipe is his favourite. I make it all the time and he takes it to work on the cold nights and has it for his tea. It is so yummy to have on a cold, winters’ night.
- 1 1/2 kg pumpkin skinned and chopped
- 100 g diced bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup carnation milk or full cream milk
- 1 onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 TBSP butter
- In a saucepan place pumpkin, onion, bacon, water, salt and pepper, and butter. Boil until pumpkin is soft and mushy. Leave to cool. Then add carnation milk. Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Reheat to serve. Can be frozen.
- Or if you have a Bellini
- Put the onion and bacon into the Bellini bowl with the chopping blade.
- Chop for 15 sec SP5.
- Wipe down sides and repeat – 15 sec SP5.
- Add oil to the bowl and cook for 2 mins, SP1, 100deg.
- Add the pumpkin, water, salt and pepper, and butter.
- Cook SP1, 100g, 30 mins.
- Add milk and puree SP5 for 2 mins.
- If it is still to lumpy, you could puree again until you get the consistency you want.