I have been trying to get a few vegetables into some of the foods that the boys eat, as they won’t eat cooked vegetables, only raw ones.
I found this cake and they loved it. They have now had carrot muffins (using this same cake mix) and they loved them too.
Carrot Layer Cake
Write a review
- 175g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sunflower oil
- 175g wholemeal plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 orange, zest finely grated
- 200g grated carrot
For the icing
- 225g cream cheese
- 110g butter, softened
- 225g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line 2x 20cm round can tins with baking paper.
- Whisk the sugar, eggs and oil together until thick.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, and spices and mix well.
- Add the orange zest and the carrot.
- Divide the mixture between the two pans and bake for 30-35 mins.
- To make the icing, beat the cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Then beat in the icing sugar, a little at a time.
- Add the vanilla and whisk until smooth and light.
- Use half of the icing to sandwich the cakes together and the other half over the rest of the cake.
- Decorate with a little nutmeg.
Simple Living. Creative Learning https://simplelivingcreativelearning.com/