I have been trying to get a few vegetables into some of the foods that the boys eat, as they won’t eat cooked vegetables, only raw ones.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we discuss lots of homeschooling activities and printables for kids every day!Print
I found this cake and they loved it. They have now had carrot muffins (using this same cake mix) and they loved them too.
Carrot Layer Cake
Write a review
- 175g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sunflower oil
- 175g wholemeal plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 orange, zest finely grated
- 200g grated carrot
For the icing
- 225g cream cheese
- 110g butter, softened
- 225g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line 2x 20cm round can tins with baking paper.
- Whisk the sugar, eggs and oil together until thick.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, and spices and mix well.
- Add the orange zest and the carrot.
- Divide the mixture between the two pans and bake for 30-35 mins.
- To make the icing, beat the cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Then beat in the icing sugar, a little at a time.
- Add the vanilla and whisk until smooth and light.
- Use half of the icing to sandwich the cakes together and the other half over the rest of the cake.
- Decorate with a little nutmeg.
Simple Living. Creative Learning https://simplelivingcreativelearning.com/