If you love a good cappuccino, you are sure to love these delicious cappuccino cupcakes. They are so delicious, especially for morning or afternoon tea.
These yummy cupcakes are easy to make and taste so delicious, and go down well at any function you may attend – or maybe just keep them for yourself!
First, you need to make the cupcakes, by melting the butter before setting it aside to cool while you prepare the dry ingredients. Then add the espresso powder to the milk, stirring to combine before adding the butter. Once mixed, add the eggs.
Then, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, until thoroughly combined. Fill the cupcake liners to about ¼ inch from the tops of the paper.
Bake for about 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cupcakes comes out Clea.
While they are cooling, prepare the icing.
To do this, mix the cream cheese until fluffy, then add the butter and beat.
Beat in the espresso powder and vanilla. Slowly add the icing mixture until well combined.
Using an apple corer, remove the middle of the cupcake, going down about ⅔ of the way into the cupcake. You could also carefully spoon out the centre if you don’t have an apple corer.
Fill the hole by piping in some icing, then decorate the top of the cupcake with some more icing and a chocolate coated coffee bean.
Cappuccino CupcakesSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tsp espresso powder or instant coffee powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups plain flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 TBSP butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp espresso powder or instant coffee powder
- 4 cups icing mixture
- 24 chocolate covered coffee beans, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 190˚C (375˚F).
- Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the espresso powder to the milk. Stir to dissolve.
- Add the cooled butter to the milk mixture.
- Lightly beat the eggs, then add to the milk mixture, mixing well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a little at a time. Stirring as you go, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners to about 1/4 inch from the tops.
- Bake on the centre rack for about 15 minutes. To test, insert a toothpick into the centre of a cupcake. It should come out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven to a wire rack to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add butter and beat to combine.
- Beat in vanilla and espresso powder.
- Add the icing mixture a little at a time and mix until combined well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Using an apple corer, insert it into the middle of the cupcake, going down about 2/3 and then pull it out. You could also carefully scoop out the centre with a spoon if you don't have an apple corer.
- Fill the hole with icing, using a piping tip or scoop it in with a spoon.
- Decorate the tops of the cupcakes with icing. (These ones were done with a #1A tip).
- Top with a chocolate covered coffee bean.
- Enjoy for up to a week, when refridgerated.
You may also like: