Learn all about volcanoes, how they are formed, why they erupt and more with this fun Volcano Unit.
With this huge volcano unit, children will learn all about volcanoes. With over 100 pages, there are a variety of different types of activities, worksheets, information pages, research pages, photo images, black and white pages and more.
The information pages include:
- What is a Volcano?
- Composition of the Earth
- Tectonic Plates
- How are volcanoes formed?
- Parts of a Volcano poster
- Parts of a volcano vocabulary
- Parasitic cone
- Fissure vents
- Why does magma rise?
- Why do volcanoes erupt?
- Types of volcanoes
- Cinder Cones
- Cinder Cone volcanoes images
- Shield Volcanoes
- Shield Volcanoes images
- Composite Volcanoes
- Composite Volcanes images
- Stages of a Volcano
- Lava Domes
- Pyroclastic Material
- Ring of Fire
- Volcano safety tips
The written activities which include notebooking pages, worksheets and research activities include:
- Label the composition of the Earth diagram
- Describe the different parts that make up the composition of the Earth
- Tectonic plates notebooking page
- Tectonic plates research page – complete the type of plate (major or minor), the size of the plate and one fact about the plate
- Label the parts of a volcano
- Parts of a volcano – match the word to its meaning
- Volcano worksheet – What is a volcano?; How are volcanoes formed?; What is a parasitic cone?; What are fissure vents?
- Volcano worksheet – Why does magma rise?; Why do volcanoes erupt? What are the three types of volcanoes?
- Label the Cinder Cone
- Paricutin ~ Mexico ~ Notebooking Page
- Cerro Negro ~ Nicaragua ~ Notebooking Page
- Wizard Island ~ Oregon ~ Notebooking Page
- Sunset Crater ~ Arizona ~ Notebooking Page
- Label the Shield Volcano
- Mauna Kea ~ Hawaii Notebooking Page
- Mauna Loa ~ Hawaii Notebooking Page
- Fernandina ~ Galapagos ~ Notebooking Page
- Erta Ale ~ Ethiopia ~ Notebooking Page
- Label the composite volcano
- Mt. Fuji ~ Japan ~ Notebooking Page
- Augustine ~ Alaska ~ Notebooking Page
- Mayon Volcano ~ Philippines ~ Notebooking Page
- Mount Hood ~ Oregon ~ Notebooking Page
- Types of Volcano Worksheet – Describe, illustrate and list examples of each of the three types of volcanoes
- Stages of a Volcano worksheet
- Types of Pyroclastic Material worksheet ~ size, describe and illustrate the three types – ash, lapilli, lava bombs and blocks
- Ring of Fire Worksheet ~ location, volcanoes, earthquakes and thoughts
- Draw the ring of fire on the world map and describe the location
- Volcano safety notebooking page
- Design a volcano worksheet page
- Notable volcano eruptions that students can research, study and then report on
This pack includes colour pages, black and white versions of nearly all the pages, (except the ones that contain photo images) as well as answer pages for a majority of the pages.
More Science Resources
- Water Cycle Printables
- Cloud Formation Cards
- All About Clouds Flip Book
- Snowflake Life Cycle
- Weather Unit – Grades 1 – 3
- Rainy Day Experiment
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Printables
- All About Snow Study
- Parts of a Map Flip Book
- Biome Flip Books
To grab your copy of this Volcano Printable Pack, click on the link below: