Young children from toddler age through, preschool and pre-k, will love to complete this fun Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Lapbook.
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Lapbook
Originating as a poem that was written by English author Jane Taylor, it was first published in 1806 under the name of The Star. Sometime later, this poem was put to music. In 1781 – 1782 Mozart wrote variations on the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star music.
Learn more about this fun rhyme with this easy to create lapbook for young children. A folder such as these file folders or a notebook is needed to create a lapbook.
- Learning about the origin of stars in the Bible – Genesis 1:16
- Star Tracing – trace the star shapes
- Rocket Counting – read, colour and count
- Star Counting – numbers cards that can be using for visual work or counting work
- Constellation cards – learn all about the different shapes of a variety of constellations
- Star Alphabet Puzzles – Match the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet that are written on the star puzzles
- Vocabulary – learn the meaning of star, twinkle and orbit
- Planets – learn the names of the eight planets
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star sequencing cards – good for sequencing practice as well as reading practice
- Poster – this is glued to the back of our lapbook, though you could laminate it and hang it up
We learned about stars and constellations and space. It was only a short, quick lapbook that took us a day to complete. We didn’t go into depth with it at all.
This Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Printable Pack goes well alongside this lapbook. You could even use some of the activities in the pack in your lapbook.
Other Space and Solar System ideas
- Sugar Cookie Solar System
- Phases of the Moon Flip Book
- Galaxy Shirt
- Swirly-Whirly Planets
- Watercolour Solar System
- Space Cards
- Space Activity Pack
- Space Explorers Activities
- Solar Eclipse Printables
- Phases of the Moon Activities
- Printable Constellation Book
- Constellation Cards
To grab your copy, click on the link below: