Nicknamed sea parrots, puffins spend most of their life at sea, floating along with the waves. The carnivores are fabulous flyers as well as great divers, diving up to 60 metres below water to grab a bite to eat. Learn more about the life cycle of these amazing birds with this Puffin Life Cycle Printables.
Puffin Life Cycle Printables
The beaks of these gorgeous birds changes colour from a dull grey in winter to a lovely bright orange in spring. Living off small fish such as herring, hake and sand eels, puffins live for around 20 years in the wild.
This 100+ page printable pack contains a variety of activities including:
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. Can also be used to spell words.
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards, using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- I Spy – Count the Objects – Count the objects.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Great for practicing order from largest to smallest or the other way round.
- What I Know/ Want to Learn about Puffins – Write what you want to know and then research puffins and write the answers to your questions.
- Life Cycle Writing Pages – Research the puffin life cycle and write our what you find.
- Life Cycle Pages – Place / write the puffin life cycle in the correct order.
- Emergent Reader about Puffins – Print out this book and have children read it to you. As they read, they will learn all about puffins, their life, and the life cycle.
Other Life Cycle Printables
- Polar Bear Life Cycle Pack
- Squid Life Cycle Printables
- Polar Bear Life Cycle Flip Book
- Owl Life Cycle Flip Book
- Bee Life Cycle Flip Book
- Snake Life Cycle Flip Book
- Snowy Owl Life Cycle Printables
- Barn Owl Life Cycle Printables
- Turkey Life Cycle Printables
- Sea Turtle Life Cycle Printables
- Spider Life Cycle Readers
- Bee Life Cycle Printables
- Toad Life Cycle Printables
- Brownbanded Bamboo Shark Printables
- Animal Life Cycle Bundle
- Massive List of Animal Life Cycle Printables
- Polar Bear Mini Unit
- Polar Bear Unit
- Arctic Fox Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Arctic Animals Printables
- Polar Bear Emotion Flashcards
- Bee Life Cycle Cards
- Bee Counting Mats
- Snake Notebooking Pages
- Snake Identification Cards
- Snake Lapbook
- Sea Turtle Lapbook
- Sea Turtle Life Cycle Printables
- Frog Life Cycle Playdough Mats
- Frog Lapbook
- Frog Unit
- Frogs Vs Toads
- Frog Life Cycle Cards
For all the cards and puzzles activities, I prefer to print them out on white card stock and laminate them for durability and repetitive use.
To grab your Puffin Life Cycle Printables, click on the link below: