Children can learn a lot about how to care and support animals by learning more about their life cycles. Here I have created a massive list of animal life cycle resources which I will continue to add as well. Many of them are free, though every now and then one will be paid.
These printable packs contain a variety of activities some of which are:
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. Can also be used to spell words.
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- I Spy – Count the Objects – Count the objects.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Great for practicing order from largest to smallest or the other way round.
- What I Know/ Want to Learn about the Animal – Write what you want to know and then research the animal and write the answers to your questions.
- Animal Life Cycle Writing Pages – Research the animal life cycle and write our what you find.
- Animal Life Cycle Pages – Place / write the animal life cycle in the correct order.
- Nouns or Verbs – Is is a noun or a verb? Place the words the correct column.
- Animal Life Cycle Emergent Reader – Print out this book and have children read it to you. As they read, they will learn all about the animal.
Not all the printable packs are the same, so there will be different activities in each of the packs. Click on the boxes below to be taken to each of the animal life cycles to find out more about them.