Last week we made some cute gumnut babies. This week, we have decided to make them these easy, felt leaf sleeping bags for them to rest in.
To make these felt leaf sleeping bags, you will need:
To make your felt left sleeping bags:
- Print out the leaf template and cut out the leaves.
- Place the leaves on the green felt and cut out.
- Hand stitch a brown decorative line up the middle of the smaller leaf. You could also glue on a long, thin strip of brown felt or decorate with sequins and other small materials.
- Place the smaller leaf on top of the larger leaf and pin in place.
- Stitch around the outside edges of your leaf, stitching the two parts together.
- You can finish the top green edge of the open pocket with stitching as well, but be careful not to stitch the pocket together.
- Cut an 8cm length of the jute thread and pin the two edges together onto the back of the leaf. Using small stitches sew it on or you could use a hot glue gun to glue it on.
- Place your cute gumnut baby inside and you are ready for go.
Make as many sleeping bags as you like, enough for each of your gumnut babies.
Children will have so much fun playing with their gorgeous gumnut babies and felt leaf sleeping bags.
Some great books to read with these Sleeping Gumnut Babies are: