Ants are everywhere and kids love to watch these tiny creatures running around in the garden. Now they can bring the ants inside with this cute ant paper craft.
Ant Paper Craft
Check out the list of materials that we use with these printables.
To make these Ants, you will need:
- Coloured craft paper
- Craft Glue
- Ant Template
To Make These Ants, you will need to:
- Take the piece of coloured craft paper that you are using for the ant and trace the circles from the template onto the paper with a pencil. Cut the circles out. The large circle will be the head of the ant and the two smaller circles are the body.
- Next, trace the strips for the legs, the antennas and the eyes onto craft paper and cut out. For the eyes
- Create the ant’s body by attaching the 3 circles you cut out first together. Do this by slightly overlapping each circle with the next on. Attach the larger circle on one side (this is the head), followed by the two smaller one.
- To attach the legs, paste one leg on the front and one on the back of the two smaller circles. Try to keep at a small but equal distance apart.
- Glue the antennas and the eyes onto the larger circle. Use pen to draw on a smiley mouth.
- To help the ant to stand up, cut out a small green square of craft paper and fold it in half. Attach the ant to one side of the green paper with the legs facing down, away from the fold in the paper.
Now you are done!
More Ant Resources
- The Ant and the Dove Printables
- Ant Life Cycle Printables
- Ant Lapbook
- Ant Unit
- The Ant and the Grasshopper Printables
Create a few with different coloured paper!