This recipe is for one large tart, but I made it into small tartlets as they are easier for young kids. They were really nice, but a little time consuming. If you were making one large tart, it would be so much easier and quicker.
Manchester TartletsSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 575 ml milk full cream is better
- 1 sheet ready-rolled shortcrust pastry.
- 3 TBSP raspberry jam
- 3 TBSP custard powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 TBSP desiccated coconut
- 4 TBSP castor sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line a greased 24cm round baking tin with pastry. Prick the base with a fork and lay a sheet of baking paper on top of the pastry. Using dried beans/rice, blind bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the baking paper and beans/rice and let the pastry cool.
- Meanwhile, make the custard by placing the milk, custard powder, 2 TBSP sugar and the vanilla essence into a pan. Stir until smooth and gently heat until thick. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread the jam over the base of the pastry and sprinkle with half of the coconut. Pour in the custard, then sprinkle with the rest of the coconut and sugar. Chill until ready to serve.
I got the recipe from here.