This easy to make homemade Garlic Bread Seasoning is great to have on hand when you want to whip up a delicious batch of garlic bread, breadsticks, seasoned chicken or pizza.
Homemade Garlic Bread Seasoning
Garlic bread is not only delicious, it is an easy side to make, especially when you have garlic bread seasoning already made up, sitting in your fridge ready to use. Then it only takes a few minutes to prepare and toast, providing a perfect side dish to any meal.
How to make the best garlic bread
To make the best garlic bread, you will need a fresh French bread loaf. Cut it in half lengthwise, and set aside while preparing your garlic bread spread.
Combine all these ingredients in a bowl and store in the fridge in an airtight container until needed.
When ready to use this seasoning to make the most delicious garlic bread, mix 2 tablespoons of your homemade garlic bread seasoning with ½ cup of butter to make a spread.
Spread this evenly on each half of the fresh French bread loaf that you cut in half lengthwise.
Wrap in alfoil – optional, then place on a lined baking tray and bake at 200˚C (400˚F) for around 12 – 15 minutes, until toasted and golden brown.
Do I need to wrap my garlic bread in alfoil?
If you want to wrap your garlic bread in alfoil before cooking, you can. The bread will just not be as crispy on the outside if you do. This inside will be more soft as well. You will just want to make sure that the butter has all melted before removing from the oven.
Can I use fresh herbs in the spread?
Yes you can replace the dried herbs with fresh herbs. Use a tablespoon of each of the herbs.
If you grow your own garlic, you can make your own garlic powder and use that if you wish.
What else can this seasoning be used for?
This delicious seasoning is not just limited to garlic bread. Try using it on:
- In pizza sauce
- As a seasoning for chicken or pork chops – just pat it on
- Use it to make a compound butter and serve on top of steaks and potatoes
- Toss with cubed bread to make flavoured croutons
- Sprinkle on freshly made popped corn
More about Herbs & Seasonings
- How to Grow, Harvest and Preserve Basil
- Dehydrate Celery
- Make Celery Salt
- Uses for Rosemary
- Homemade Garlic Powder
- Growing Basil
- Using Turmeric
- Easy Italian Seasoning
- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Hollandaise Sauce
- Homemade Minced Garlic
- Homemade BBQ Dry Rub Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning Mix
Homemade Garlic Seasoning
- 3/4 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- To use - Sprinkle on buttered bread to make garlic bread. Or mix 2 tbsp to 1/2 cup softened butter to make a spread for garlic bread.