Since our boys have gone off cereal for breakfast, I have been looking for other things to give them that are healthy and will fill them up. I started making smoothies for them, but they were a little time consuming so I came up with an easy way to have a lovely thick smoothie every morning with minimal effort. These DIY Frozen Smoothie Packs are so easy to make and taste so yummy.
I love to use yoghurt in my smoothies, so I place plain vanilla yoghurt in an ice cube tray and freeze. When frozen, push out of the ice cube and add 3 of these yoghurt blocks to your frozen fruit smoothie packs.
Sometimes, I also add a little ice cream to our smoothies, when I do this, I do add more milk otherwise the smoothie would be so thick you would have to eat it with a spoon. It you like your smoothies more ‘runny’ you can always add more milk when beating.
DIY Frozen Smoothie Packs
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 banana
- 3 yoghurt ice cubes
- drizzle of honey - optional
- 1 ½ cups milk
- To make your frozen smoothie packs, add the chopped up fruit and frozen yoghurt ice cubes to a zip lock bag and close, removing all the air. Label and place in the freezer.
To make the smoothie:
- Take the bag from the freezer and place the fruit and yoghurt into a blender.
- Add honey and milk.
- Place the lid on the blender.
- Process on high for 30 seconds, stir and process until smooth.
- This will make a rather thick smoothie, add more milk if you want it more runny.
- You can add ice cream if you wish, but also add a little more milk as well to help blend up the mixture.
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram#simplelivingcreativelearning
These smoothies are so refreshing especially on a hot summers morning.