Learning and reviewing compound words is going to be great fun with this Train building compound words printable pack.
Building Compound Words
This awesome 22-page Building Compound Words printable pack is easy to prepare and is great fun for kids.
- Print out the Train of your choice on white cardstock and laminate. There are two train options, one with the squares dotted for younger children and one without for older children.
- Print out the compound word cards on white cardstock, cut out and laminate.
- Give your child a train mat and explain to them what they are going to do.
- Place the picture cards in separate piles (first word, second word and compound word) and the word cards in another pile.
- Have them choose a compound word and place the word on the last train.
- Then ask them to find the picture of the compound word and place it on the carriage above the word.
- Then have them build the compound word by searching for and placing the two words and pictures on the carriages of the train in the correct order.
- You could place velcro dots on the back of the cards and on the trains if you wish.
To download your copy of this printable pack, click on the link below:
You may also like: