This delicious Berry Mess is a fun recipe that kids will love to help make as it is very easy to create. Our berry mess was absolutely amazing and didn’t last at all. There are many different varieties you could make depending on the tastes of your family. We love berries – and we had lots on hand – so that is what I used. You could also use a different variety of grated chocolate on top too!
With this recipe I took an easy way out and purchased already made mini meringues from Woolworths. You can make your own mini meringues or large meringues and crush them us a little when serving to make them more bite-sized.
You could also use any berries or even banana pieces, passionfruit or kiwi fruit as well. There are so many options for that you can make it to suit your family.
- 1 x pkt Woolworths Mini Meringues
- 500 g mixed fresh berries
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 TBSP icing sugar
- Grated chocolate
- Sift the icing sugar and add to a large bowl.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape the seeds out, placing them into the bowl with the icing sugar.
- Add the cream to the bowl and mix until soft peaks form.
To assemble the Mess
- Tip the meringues onto a large plate. It doesn't matter if they break as it is a 'mess'.
- Dollop TBSP of the cream mixture over the meringues.
- Cut out or scrunch the berries onto the top of the 'mess'.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Serve immediately.