This delicious Berry Mess is a fun recipe that kids will love to help make as it is very easy to create. Our berry mess was absolutely amazing and didn’t last at all. There are many different varieties you could make depending on the tastes of your family. We love berries – and we had lots on hand – so that is what I used. You could also use a different variety of grated chocolate on top too!
With this recipe I took an easy way out and purchased already made mini meringues from Woolworths. You can make your own mini meringues or large meringues and crush them us a little when serving to make them more bite-sized.
You could also use any berries or even banana pieces, passionfruit or kiwi fruit as well. There are so many options for that you can make it to suit your family.
- 1 x pkt Woolworths Mini Meringues
- 500g mixed fresh berries
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 TBSP icing sugar
- Grated chocolate
- Sift the icing sugar and add to a large bowl.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape the seeds out, placing them into the bowl with the icing sugar.
- Add the cream to the bowl and mix until soft peaks form.
- Tip the meringues onto a large plate. It doesn't matter if they break as it is a 'mess'.
- Dollop TBSP of the cream mixture over the meringues.
- Cut out or scrunch the berries onto the top of the 'mess'.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
- 6 egg whites
- 300g cater sugar
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 150˚C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk the eggs whites in a clean bowl on medium speed until firm peaks forms.
- Then, with beaters still running, gradually add the sugar and salt.
- Turn up the beaters and beat for 6-7 minutes until the meringue is white and glossy.
- It's ready when it feels completely smooth between your fingers.
- Spoon the meringue onto the baking tray and swirl it into a large oval shape.
- Bake in the oven for an hour, until the outside is crisp.
- Remove from oven and let it cool fully before using.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we discuss lots of homeschooling activities and printables for kids every day!