This fun Alphabet Sensory Bottle is super easy to make and loads of fun to play with as well as being a great tool for calming children. This sensory bottle is a great, no-mess activity which can be used to help children learn the letters of the alphabet, and even practice their spelling as well as being used for a timer and a calm down tool.
Alphabet Sensory Bottle
Check out the list of materials that we use with this activity.
You create this awesome sensory bottle, you will need:
- a bottle – I like to use the plastic VOSS water bottles
- 1 x 5 oz bottle of Elmer’s clear glue
- Alphabet Beads of your choice
- Colourful beads
- Tape to secure the lid (optional)
To make this bottle, first pour the whole bottle of glue into your water bottle.
Add the alphabet beads on top, then the colourful beads.
Fill the remainder of the bottle with water. Secure the lid, then shake the bottle well to get the beads moving freely around the bottle.
This bottle is not only a great way to calm children, it can also be used as a fun and engaging supplement to literacy activities such as:
- finding the letter of the alphabet and writing them down in the colours that you find them
- for practice spelling
- practicing writing the letters they find
- for colour matching activities
This sensory bottle goes well with these activities:
- Alphabet Punch Cards
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Alphabet Flashcards
- Alphabet Puzzles
- Alphabet Handwriting Mats