The boys eat white bread as they don’t like the dirt, as they call it, in the grainy breads. We have however been limiting the amount of bread they have been eating as it seemed to be affecting our oldest boy.When we have finished the last loaf of bread in the freezer, I am only going to make a loaf every couple of days and this is the recipe that I will use for white bread.It tasted delicious and the smell was fantastic.
White Bread (Thermo)Simple Living. Creative Learning
- 320 g warm water
- 7 g 1 satchet yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 500 g plain flour or you could use bread flour
- 5 g bread improver
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- I used the mixing blade in the bellini.
- Add the water, sugar and yeast into the bowl.
- Mix SP3, 5 secs
- Let the mixture set until it is foamy then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix SP6, 10 secs (If you check the manual, this step is a must so as not to ruin your machine)
- Then knead SP1, 2 minutes.
- Spray a little oil into a large bowl and empty the dough into it.
- Turn the dough over to cover with oil.
- Cover with a tea towel and set in a warm place to double in size, about 45 mins.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead by hand for 1 minute.
- Shape into a loaf shape and place in a greased loaf pan.
- Spray the top with a little oil and put in the warm place again to double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C and bake bread for 25-30 minutes.
- When you tap it, it should sound hollow when it is ready.
Adapted from Bellini Addicts
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram#simplelivingcreativelearning