This budget-friendly, healthy Sweet Potato and Bacon Slice is a great freezer-friendly slice that the whole family will enjoy.
This Sweet Potato and Bacon slice can be frozen in small portions and used for lunch or snacks. It is also a great way to ‘hide’ vegetables for those fussy eaters, while being quick and easy to make.
Sweet Potato and Bacon Slice
- 1 medium sweet potato, grated
- 4 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP herbs, finely chopped ~ basil, parsley, oregano, chives
- salt and pepper ~ to taste
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan-forced)
- Grease or line with a large slice / baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until all combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and cook for about 40-50 mins until golden on top and a skewer comes out clean.
- If the slice starts to brown on top too much, you can cover with foil and continue until cooked through.