This year we are spending our time learning about different countries and their cultures, including holidays. With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, we decided to do a small study on the history of this day of celebration with these St. Patrick’s Day History Worksheets.
St. Patrick’s Day is a day of celebrating a man named Patrick. Learn about the history and some traditions of the Irish culture with these St. Patrick’s Day History worksheets.
Saint Patrick, born in the fourth century, was captured as a teenager and sold as a slave. After receiving a message from God in a dream, he fled Ireland and made his way back to Britain. After studying to become a Bishop, he returned to Ireland to teach the Irish about God.
In this 20-page printable pack, there are a variety of activities for kids aged 4 – 10. The activities include:
- Mapping – find Ireland on the map
- Flag of Ireland – colour or decorate the flag the correct colour
- What is Saint Patrick’s Day? – Reading Comprehension
- Who is Saint Patrick – Reading Comprehension
- Shamrock – Reading Comprehension
- The Reek – Reading Comprehension
- Cut and Paste the Timeline
- Word Search
- The ‘Green’ Game
- Saint Patrick’s Day book – fill in what you have learnt about each picture
To download your copy of this printable pack, click on the link below:
You may also like:
- St. Patrick’s Day Color By Code
- St. Patrick’s Day Pack
- Green Printable Pack
- St. Patrick’s Day Alphabet Match