While completing our Spain Unit, we came across these Pastissets. They are powdered sugar cookies and are deliciously. Both of our boys loved them so much! R helped me bake them which was even better.
Pastissets - Powdered Sugar Cookies
- 2/3 cup lard softened (or vegetable shortening)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp lemon peel grated
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups plain flour
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, beat together the lard and butter with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sugar, egg yolk and lemon peel and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and cinnamon and then slowly work it into the lard mixture with your hands until it forms a soft dough.
- On a floured board, roll out the dough to about 1/4" thick.
- Cut with a scalloped cookie cutter or whatever shape you wish.
- Place cookies on greased baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool briefly on cookie tray.
- When cool, sprinkle with icing sugar.