The fridge is one thing in the house that I don’t pay that much attention too. I tend to put off cleaning it out until there is some kind of spill that needs to be cleaned up. This time, an egg broke on the top shelf of the door and worked its way down to the ground, leaving behind a sticky mess. Now, using this simple, DIY natural fridge cleaner, my fridge is as clean as new and smells fresh once again.
To make this cleaner, you only need a few items: a glass spray bottle, 1 part white vinegar, 2 parts hot water and a few drops of essential oils. I like to use citrus essential oils in the fridge to give it a fresh, clean smell. Oils like orange, lemon, grapefruit and vanilla are great.
DIY Natural Fridge Cleaner
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 10-15 drops essential oil
- large glass spray bottle
- Pour the hot water into the spray bottle.
- Add the white vinegar.
- Next add your essential oil - I used Lemon E.O.
- Tighten the lid on tight and shake gently to mix.
- Shake before each use.
- Empty the contents of the fridge.
- Spray the mixture onto the shelves inside and let sit for a minute.
- Wipe with a damp cloth.
- Other E.O. you could use are: Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit, Citrus Blend or Vanilla.
- This Fridge Cleaner also works great when cleaning the inside of your microwave.
I love how this fridge cleaner works. The hot water and vinegar help loosen any stuck on food particles and eliminate odors while the lemon essential oil help sanitise and leave your fridge smelling clean and fresh!
I have also used this Natural Fridge Cleaner in to clean my microwave with wonderful results.