Aesop’s Fables, nursery rhymes and fairy tales are always stories that are enjoyed by children. These The Dog in the Manger Printables are a great way to study this particular fable in which children will learn that many people often grudge others what they cannot enjoy themselves.
Check out the list of materials that we use with these printables.
Dog in the Manger Printables
If you don’t have any Aesop’s Fables, you can find some great books here.
This printable pack contains over 70 pages, with activities for children of multiple ages.
These activities include:
- A poster of the story for children to learn to read
- Comprehension page for children to re-write the events of the story in their own words – beginning, middle, end and moral
- Discussion of the story page where children will write about the characters, the setting, the problem and solution
- A page for children to discuss the moral of the story and their favourite part
Math and Literacy Activities
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. Can also be used to spell words.
- Trace the Lines – Improve handwriting skills.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards, using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- I Spy – Count the Objects – Count the objects.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Find your way through the Tangles – Start at the top and find your way through the tangles.
- Puzzles – A third part puzzle and a sim part puzzle.
- Emergent Reader – Print out this book and have children read it to you.
- Odd one Out – Find the odd one out
- Finish the Patterns – Cut out the pictures and paste to finish the patterns
- Shadow Matching – Match the pictures to their shadow
- Flip Book with Numbers 1 – 10 – Learn number and word number recognition
- Read, write, stamp – Read the words, write the words and then stamp or build the words
More Aesop’s Fables, Nursery Rhyme and Fairy Tale Printables
- Nursery Rhyme Playdough Mats
- Nursery Rhyme Sorting Mats
- Learning Rhyme and Rhythm with Nursery Rhymes
- Fairy Tale Playdough Mats
- Cinderella Printables
- Belling the Cat Printables
- The Two Crabs Printables
- The Dog and His Shadow Printables
- The Tortoise and the Hare Printables
- The Goose Who laid Golden Eggs Printables
- The Shepherd who Cried Wolf Printables
These Aesop’s Fables printables come in both colour and black and white.
To grab your copy of these printables, sign up below:
Black and White Version