Even though life doesn’t always go the way we want it to, we have so much to be thankful for. Instilling a sense of gratitude into our children is a wonderful life skill, but how do we teach this concept? These gorgeous Thankful printables are a lovely way for the whole family to bond and learn to be more grateful together. They can be printed out and shared during a delicious family meal or as a part of family time anytime of the year.
By learning gratitude, children are not only more polite, appreciative and pleasant to be around, but they are more sensitive to the feelings of others, happier and more optimistic. There are many ways to teach children to be more thankful, here are some:
- Teach them to use their manners ~ please and thank you
- Have them help around the house and volunteer outside of the house
- Have them keep a gratitude journal
- Teach them to look for the positive in every situation
- Have them send out thank-you notes or cards
- Share what you are thankful for, as a family, while eating your meals
- Have them donate to non-profit organisations or sponsor a child
- Teach them how to compliment others
- Encourage generosity by frequently donating unused clothing or toys to the less fortunate
- Create a gratitude jar – Have everyone write down something they are grateful for, then drop your notes into the jar. At the end of each week, sit down together and go though your jar.
- Practice saying no – it is hard to feel grateful when your every wish is granted
- Work gratitude into your daily conversations
- Put more emphasis on making memories and downplay the presents, resisting the urge to shower them with to much ‘stuff’
- Be a grateful parent, setting a good example for them to follow
This four page Thankful printable pack contains two different versions of each of the four pages. Print out the four pages of your choice as well as the cover page and bind or staple together to make a book. Create a book for each person.
- The first page consists of a box with lines below. The box can be used to draw a picture in of what you are thankful, before writing about this on the lines below.
- The second page consists of four boxes. These can be used however you want. Write or draw about four different things you are thankful for, or complete one box a day, writing about something that you are grateful for that day.
- The third page contains four prompts which can be completed about your day. You could print out one of these pages for each day of the month, completing the questions about something you are thankful for at the end of each day.
- The last page is 30 Days of Gratitude. For 30 days, write a couple of words of what you are thankful for each day for thirty days.
To download your copy of these printables, sign up below:
Now onto the Giveaway!
Talking about being thankful; this Christmas season, I wanted to do something to bless and thank you for being part of my online community. I really am thankful for you!
As my way of saying thank you, I’ve come together with several of my homeschool blogger friends to offer an incredible giveaway worth over $1400!*
That’s right – over $1400 worth of homeschool resources and other goodies! We’re working with some of the top homeschool companies around. All you have to do is enter below!
The giveaway period is December 4 through 12 AM CST, December 22.
Because we want to be a blessing to all of our readers, everyone who enters will receive a digital swag bag full of discounts and resources from several of your favorite homeschool blogs. Enjoy!
It is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions upon entering. Entering the giveaway signs you up for the following newsletters: In All You Do, Life Beyond the Lesson Plan, Heart and Soul Homeschooling, Homeschool on the Range, Our Crazy Adventures in Autismland, Yellow House Book Rental, My Joy-Filled Life, Clarissa R. West, The Multi-Taskin’ Mom, Faith & Good Works, The Fervent Mama, Simple Living Creative Learning, Peace Creek on the Prairie, Brookdale House, The Art Kit, Making Room 4 One More, Sound Foundation Homeschool, Beyond the Stick Figure, Many Seasons of Motherhood, Everyday Graces Homeschool, Apologia, All About Learning Press, Sonlight, Media Angels, The Adventurous Mailbox, BJ’s Homeschool, Truthquest History, ChalkPastel.com, Abby Banks, and iWrite Bible.
Enter in the form below! Each entry increases your odds of winning, and you’re sure to find some new bloggers and companies to follow!
*The prize package includes the following items:
Apologia – What We Believe Series, worth $125
All About Learning Press – Gift Card for $100
Sonlight – Book package including the following titles: A Christmas Carol, The Gift of the Magi, The Light at Tern Rock, The Family Under the Bridge, The Wondrous World of Violet Barnaby, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Year Down Yonder. Package is worth $75.93.
Grapevine Bible Studies – Old Testament Master Teacher Book & Zondervan Compact Bible Dictionary, worth $76
Peace Creek Crafts ‘N Designs – $30 eGift Card
MT Designs Boutique – $30 Gift Card
Media Angels, Inc. – Creation Bundle, worth $69
The Adventurous Mailbox – Premium Digital Package, worth $64
BJ’s Homeschool – Homeschooling High School with College in Mind, 2nd edition & Gift card to Barnes and Noble worth $18
Everyday Graces Homeschool – The Homeschool Garden Morning Time membership worth $222
TruthQuest History – American History for Young Students III (1865-2000), worth $30
A Journey Through Learning Lapbooks – Choice of Products from Store, worth $50
The Wolfe Pack – Holiday Fact and Fun Packs Bundle, worth $46
ChalkPastel.com – You ARE an Artist Clubhouse annual membership, worth $200
The Fervent Mama – Handwriting Curriculum
Abby Banks – Podcast Launch for Teens, worth $57
Yellow House Book Rental – three Life of Fred Elementary or Intermediate Series math books (5-month rental)
Beyond the Stick Figure – Intro to Drawing Course, worth $45
Sound Foundations Homeschool – Happy Homeschool Secrets, worth $37
The Art Kit – 5 Printables worth $30
In All You Do – Northern European Geography study. worth $40
The Multi Taskin Mom – $30 Shop Credit
iWrite Bible – Old Testament Scripture Writing Devotional, worth $30
In addition, all entrants will receive a Digital Swag Bag at the end of the Giveaway that includes:
Peace Creek on the Prairie – 35% off coupon
All About Learning Press – FREE downloadable reading and spelling activity pack
The Fervent Mama – 30% off coupon
4 One More – 30% off Podcast Launch for Teens
The Art Kit – 30% off coupon
Life Beyond the Lesson Plan – 30% off coupon
Everyday Graces Homeschool – 10% off coupon
Beyond the Stick Figure – 25% off coupon
In All You Do – 30% off coupon
We hope this giveaway is a blessing to you!
Giveaway ends 12 AM CST, December 22