Even though life doesn’t always go the way we want it to, we have so much to be thankful for. Instilling a sense of gratitude into our children is a wonderful life skill, but how do we teach this concept? These gorgeous Thankful printables are a lovely way for the whole family to bond and learn to be more grateful together. They can be printed out and shared during a delicious family meal or as a part of family time anytime of the year.
By learning gratitude, children are not only more polite, appreciative and pleasant to be around, but they are more sensitive to the feelings of others, happier and more optimistic. There are many ways to teach children to be more thankful, here are some:
- Teach them to use their manners ~ please and thank you
- Have them help around the house and volunteer outside of the house
- Have them keep a gratitude journal
- Teach them to look for the positive in every situation
- Have them send out thank-you notes or cards
- Share what you are thankful for, as a family, while eating your meals
- Have them donate to non-profit organisations or sponsor a child
- Teach them how to compliment others
- Encourage generosity by frequently donating unused clothing or toys to the less fortunate
- Create a gratitude jar – Have everyone write down something they are grateful for, then drop your notes into the jar. At the end of each week, sit down together and go though your jar.
- Practice saying no – it is hard to feel grateful when your every wish is granted
- Work gratitude into your daily conversations
- Put more emphasis on making memories and downplay the presents, resisting the urge to shower them with to much ‘stuff’
- Be a grateful parent, setting a good example for them to follow
This four page Thankful printable pack contains two different versions of each of the four pages. Print out the four pages of your choice as well as the cover page and bind or staple together to make a book. Create a book for each person.
- The first page consists of a box with lines below. The box can be used to draw a picture in of what you are thankful, before writing about this on the lines below.
- The second page consists of four boxes. These can be used however you want. Write or draw about four different things you are thankful for, or complete one box a day, writing about something that you are grateful for that day.
- The third page contains four prompts which can be completed about your day. You could print out one of these pages for each day of the month, completing the questions about something you are thankful for at the end of each day.
- The last page is 30 Days of Gratitude. For 30 days, write a couple of words of what you are thankful for each day for thirty days.
To download your copy of these printables, sign up below: