The weather is quite cold here, which means we are looking for some nice warm recipes for dinner.
The kids haven’t tried this soup before and really didn’t like the taste of it very much. But, they are not really soup kind of kids.
Potato and Leek Soup
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 medium leeks
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 L vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley or chives
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes.
- Wash and thinly slice the leeks (the light green and white parts only).
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the leeks, onion, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until softened and then add the stock and the potatoes.
- Simmer for around 30 minutes until the potatoes are quite soft.
- Blend soup until smooth.
- Serve with crusty bread.