We love milo and usually enjoy anything that contains milo and these milo fudge cupcakes were no exception! These cupcakes are quite dense, but we still loved them!
They went well with a hot cup of coffee or milo and are really quite easy to make. This is one recipe that I know I will be making over and over again.
Milo Fudge Cupcakes
- 250 grams butter
- 150 grams milk chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 230 grams plain flour
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams milo
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1½ cups butter softened
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 cups icing sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 150˚C.
- Line cupcake pan with cases.
- Add the milk chocolate and butter to a saucepan.
- Melt, over low heat while stirring continually.
- Add the plain flour to a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly beat in the milo and brown sugar.
- Add the four beaten eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the chocolate/butter mix and beaten until smooth.
- Fill 12 cupcake cases 3/4 full and bake for around 20 mins.
- Once cool, top with chocolate buttercream icing.
- Add cocoa to a large bowl and whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add the butter and cream the butter and cocoa together until well combined.
- Add the icing sugar and milk slowly, a small bit at a time.
- Mix well after each addition.
- Repeat until all milk and icing sugar has been added.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- If it is too dry, add a little milk at a time.
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram#simplelivingcreativelearning
Oh my these sound wonderful!!
Thanks for sharing with us at #MMBH!