- 225 g plain flour
- 75 g castor sugar
- 375 g butter
- 1 tin condensed milk 395g
- 4 TBSP golden syrup
- 325 g plain chocolate or chocolate chips
- Grease and line a 20cm square tin (I used a small lamington tray). Preheat oven to 170C.
- Add flour and sugar to a bowl and rub in 175g of butter. Clump the dough together to make a ball. Press this mixture into the tin and smooth down. Then prick with a fork and cook for 5 mins.
- Lower the oven to 150C and cook for a further 30-40 mins until pale golden and no longer doughy. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Melt the remaining 200g of butter in a large microwaveable jug.
- Add the condensed milk and golden syrup. Whisk the mixture until the butter is fully incorporated.
- Heat in the microwave for 6-7 minutes, stirring every minute until the mixture is boiling. It is ready when it has thickened and turned a light golden brown. Pour the mixture over the shortbread base. Leave to set.
- Melt the chocolate and pour over the set caramel mixture. Let cool and refrigerate.
- Once set, cut into pieces.
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram#simplelivingcreativelearning
I found the recipe here.