While trying to work out a craft for Christmas, I came across these cute little boxes. After making a few Christmas boxes, my mind went into overdrive and the ideas kept coming.
I ended up calling these boxes, The Little Box of Love, as they are great for filling with love ~ Love at Christmas, Love on Mother’s or Father’s Day and love for others.
Originally, we were making these cards for Christmas, but now have come up with many different occasions that these boxes of love are great gifts for. They include:
- By adding fingerprints and small photos to tags, the grandparents will love these memories of their grandchildren
- Filling the box with cards in envelopes, the recipient can use the Christmas cards as thank you cards or can give them as cards the following year
- Filling the box with Christmas tags, the recipient can use the tags on Christmas presents for the following year
Mother’s and Father’s Day
- Turn the tags into coupons for mum or dad, giving them a little box of coupons
- Write 10 reasons why you love your mum and dad on the cards, and give them a little box of love
Baby Showers / Weddings
- Write little helpful hints for the recipient who is having a baby, giving them a box of helpful baby hints
- Make cards for all guests to write a small note to the couple getting married instead of the wedding guest book
This is a gorgeous snowman box, which would be great for Christmas. The envelope is made from the back side of the same paper that was used for the box and lid. For the front of the card, I used one side of the scrapbooking paper and then cut the snowman out of the other side.
This is another Christmas box. The box and envelopes were made out of the same scrapbooking paper as were the tags. I printed out Christmas sayings and glue them onto the tags and added a ribbon. For the cards, I glued the green paper on and then cut out elements from the red side of the paper and glued them on.
This cute little box and cards would be great for a baby shower. You could use blue for a boy or teal/mint/yellow if you didn’t know the sex of the baby. On the cards, you could get each person who attended the baby shower to write a small encouraging note to the parents or a helpful tip.
By using wedding paper, you could get the guests to write a small note to the newly married couple or an encouraging Bible verse on the cards.
These are the Mother’s Day and Father’s Day boxes of love. For the Mother’s Day ones, I added a small piece of ribbon to the coupon cards. For the Father’s Day coupon cards, I placed them in the envelope to keep them all together.
These little boxes of love are so simple to make!
To make these gorgeous boxes, you need:
- white card
- coloured / patterned card
- glue / double sided tape
- template which you can download here: Little Boxes of Love
- ribbon / string
- decorations such as stickers, cut out shapes
- Print out the template for the box, the box lid, the envelope and the card on white cardboard and then cut out.
- Place the template onto the coloured / patterned card. I choose to use double sided scrapbooking paper.
- Draw around the template and then cut out your boxes.
- To make the box and box lid, fold along the dotted lines and then glue or use double sided tape to hold in place. We found it easier to use the double sided tape due to the thickness of our scrapbooking paper.
- Place the envelope can be made in the same way as above. Draw around the template on your chosen paper and then cut out, fold and tape.
- To make the cards, cut out the template, trace onto paper (we used white paper for the cards) and fold in half along the dotted line. Decorate the front of the card. You can add a message to the inside if you wish.
- To make the tags, cut the template out and trace around onto the paper you wish to use. Cut and then decorate. Punch a hole in the top left hand corner and tie ribbon or string through the hole.