In the book, Farmer Boy, by Laura Ingalls Wilder, Almanzo talks of drinking egg nog quite a bit. Here in Australia, egg nog is not a very popular drink and our boys have never had it before. We decided to try and make our own so that the boys could have a taste of this milky drink.
Our boys loved this drink and I have made it numerous times since. We have also used this to make egg nog ice cream which was also just as delicious!
- 6 eggs
- 1 can (395g ) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 950 ml (1 quart) milk
- 300 ml (⅓ pint) thickened cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Add the eggs to a blender and beat.
- Add the condensed milk, vanilla, nutmeg and salt and mix.
- Add the milk and cream. Mix until foamy.
- Serve, chilled, sprinkled with extra nutmeg.