R was looking for some different kind of biscuits to make. We went through the cookie cutters and found a snowflake one. Then we decided to try making some Cinnamon Snowflake Cookies.
They were simple to make, so he was able to do it on his own. He was so proud of himself and we love the taste of these cookies. The little bit of cinnamon sugar on the top of them really makes them.
Cinnamon Snowflake Cookies
- 250 g butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and gently mix in.
- Divide the mixture in half, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll out one portion of the dough on a floured board, until about 3 mm thick.
- Cut out the snowflake shapes (or any other shape you wish to make) with the cookie cutter.
- Arrange shapes on baking trays.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the biscuits and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container.