I love cinnamon roll anything, so when I saw this Cinnamon Roll Slice, I just knew I had to make it. And, just to let you know, it tastes absolutely amazing.
Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 3 cups plain flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBSP plain flour
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 5 TBSP milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the plain flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla essence.
- Once combined, slowly stir in the melted butter.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, plain flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy.
- Evenly drop TBSP's of this mix onto the previous batter and use a knife or skewer to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 180 for 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
- In a medium bowl, mix the icing sugar, milk and vanilla essence together with a whisk. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Adapted from Chef in Training
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram#simplelivingcreativelearning