If the last few years are anything to go on, if you haven’t already, now is the time to start thinking about being prepared for the future. With all the natural disasters that are causing havoc with food and fuel supplies as well as other worldwide events, being prepared in case of a crisis can mean so much for your family. When you want to prepare, where do you start? I’ve created this Ultimate Prepper’s Binder to help set you on the right path.
Why Should you Prepare?
When an emergency situation arises, being prepared by planning ahead could mean the world to your family.
Having a plan, knowing what you have and how to use it means less time is spent worrying about whether you have done enough or not. It will also help lessen the fear of the unknown and help everyone involved think more clearly, be more safe and recover faster.
Before you Start
Before you start, you will want to do a whole house audit of the things that you consume throughout the week. Keep a record of everything including:
- Every meal and ingredients needed to make these meals for both humans and any animals that you have
- Water usage – We tend to go through more water than we think we are. Include things such as showers, watering plants, washing clothes and dishes and cleaning in this.
- Electricity is another thing that we consume without really thinking about it. Also, keep a list of all appliances, phones etc that use electricity.
- Medical needs – including medication, doctor visits, special physical and dietary needs
- Petrol, diesel, and gas – for cars, mowers, BBQ’s etc.
- All of your expenses!
You will also need to do an audit of everything that you already have.
When you have all of this information collected, then you can begin preparing for emergencies.
Work out how much storage space you have and how many months you want to prepare for and use the information you collected to help you work out how much to prep.
What Should You Stockpile?
When planning and preparing, don’t only think of things that your family eat and use. Think about things that you can trade with others for items that you may need.
When building your stockpile, think of things such as lighters, alcohol for tinctures, medical supplies, garden seeds, herbs and oils are useful things to have on hand.
When preparing for the future, it is important to have all your food storage plans in one place. In this prepper’s guide, you will find all the information to begin prepping as well as ideas on what to prep. There are already prepared lists as well as blank lists for you to create lists that pertain to you. Everything you need to help you start preparing for emergencies now.
The pages that you will find in this binder include:
- How to use this binder
- Inventory pages for Freezer
- Inventory pages for Pantry
- Long-Term Pepper Inventory Pages
- Non-food items Inventory Pages
- Idea Lists for freezer, pantry, canning, freeze dried, dehydrator and prepping
- Blank Freezer Meals to Make Planning Page
- Blank Freezer Meals Ingredient Page
- Ultimate Prepper Checklist
- Bug Out Bag List of Ideas
- Blank Animal Feed Estimations Sheet
- Five Must Haves
- Plan for the Future – Setting Short Term and Long Term Goals
- Blank Project Checklist for Prepping
- Blank Calendar to Schedule Your Prepping Projects
- Blank Grocery Shopping Lists
To grab your copy of this Ultimate Prepper’s Guide, click on the link below: