After reading the name of these brownies – Chocolate Zucchini Brownies, you may be thinking how horrible this recipe might taste. Yes, it does sound odd, but honestly, the zucchini is tasteless, but helped make these brownies moist.
I have made this recipe a few times so far and have always used milk chocolate chips. But, this last time, I ran out of milk chocolate chips, so I added ½ milk chocolate chips and ½ peanut butter chips. The kids still loved them!
This recipe uses vanilla, which I make my own. You can find that recipe here: Vanilla Extract.
You may also like to ice the brownies with chocolate icing and then top with a sprinkle of chocolate chips or you could just sprinkle with icing sugar. I kept ours plain, as they are eaten so quickly anyway, I don’t have time to ice before half of it disappears.
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease a lamington tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and slowly mix into the sugar/oil mix.
- Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into prepared tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the brownies spring back with gently touched.
You may also like: