Sugar Cookie Recipe
This delicious sugar cookie recipe can be cut into any shape you like. Making them into the shapes of the planets in the solar system is a great way for young children to study space.
1. Preheat oven to 175˚C
2. Cream butter and sugar until smooth
3. Add essence and egg and beat well
4. Combine the baking powder and flour in a separate bowl, slowly add the wet ingredients and mix well. If it gets too stiff, turn out onto countertop surface and finish kneading with wet hands.
5. Divide the dough into workable batches and roll out on a floured surface.
6. Cut into shapes.
7. Bake for 6-10 minutes and let cool a little on tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
This is a no-chill dough, but if you do chill it, leave it on the bench for 10 minutes before working with it.
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram
© Simple Living. Creative Learning