Chicken Vegetable Soup
This delicious Chicken Vegetable Soup makes a lovely meal for a cool night, served with yummy crusty bread.
Servings 8 1-cup servings
- 1 TBSP parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 oz (115g) ditalini pasta
- 1 TBSP butter, unsalted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 24 oz (700g) mixed vegetables, frozen bag
- 15oz (425g) can diced tomatoes, or tomato sauce
- 1 regular rotisserie chicken, pulled apart, without skin
- 8 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium
Pull the rotisserie chicken apart; discard the skin and using kitchen shears, or a knife, cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
Chop or dice the onion into your size preference.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
Add the diced onion and the garlic, a dash of salt and cook until the onion is tender and starts to turn golden brown.
Add the chicken broth,increase the heat, and bring to a boil.
Mix in the pasta, frozen vegetables and tomatoes or tomato sauce.
Cook for about 7-8 minutes, just until the pasta is done.
Stir in the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, chicken and pepper; cook for 1 more minute.
Salt the soup to your liking.