With these Vegetable Patch Math Printables, young children will enjoy learning to count, recognise and write the numbers from one through ten.
Vegetable Patch Math Printables
With this vegetable themed math printable pack, children will enjoy learning about the numbers from one through ten. The activities included in this pack are:
Vegetable Themed Mats
Children will learn to write, count and recognise all the numbers from one through ten with these printable mats. After printing out the pages, cut them in half, as there are two mats per page. Each mat consists of multiple activities, including:
- a large number that children will trace, or colour in or cover with playdough, if the mats are laminated.
- a vegetable patch with the number in a sign and the correct amount of vegetables in the garden. To practice counting the vegetables, cover them with small balls of playdough, counters, mini erasers or by crossing them out with a dry erase marker if the mats are laminated, as you count.
- a row of the number which children will trace to practice correct letter formation.
Vegetable Count and Clip Cards
There are ten vegetable count and clip cards which can be used on the page as is, or cut out and laminated and held together with a binder ring. These cards can be made self-marking by writing the correct number in the top right hand corner after cutting them out and before laminating them.
Let’s Make 5
With this activity, children will practice counting to five. They will cut out the vegetables at the bottom of the page, glue them into the correct vegetable patch and then complete the equation.
Vegetable Patch Match
For this activity, children will count the number of the vegetables in the patch and draw a line to the correct number.
Before and After Numbers
A great way to practice before and after numbers is with fun activity. After cutting out the vegetable patches, they will count the number of vegetables in the patch on the page, gluing the vegetable patches with the correct number of vegetables before and after.
More Vegetable Resources
- Paper Craft – Vegetables
- Vegetable Garden Printable Pack
- Vegetable Cards
- Fruit Cards
- Gardening Journal
- Benefits of Gardening With Kids
Graph the Picture
After counting the vegetables in the garden, graph the correct number of vegetables by colouring in the boxes in the graph.
Using the boxes containing the vegetables, finish off the patterns by pasting them in the correct order and completing the patterns.
To grab your copy of these math printables, click on the link below: