This tomato-spinach pasta salad is a wonderfully delicious salad that goes great with a bbq, picnic or a pot luck meal. It is simple to make, satisfying and tastes amazing.
After placing all the dressing ingredients in a bowl, I cooked the pasta. When the pasta was cooked and cooled, I assembled the salad, tossed together and placed in a bowl to serve.
It was quick and easy to throw together. I was able to use a few ingredients from our garden too! Currently we are growing these small cherry tomatoes that are so juicy and full of flavour and go really well in this salad. After picking the spinach, I washed it, then roughly chopped it before placing it in.
Tomato-Spinach Pasta SaladSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 350g (12 oz) fusilli pasta
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Let stand, tossing occasionally, while cooking the pasta.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet. Drain and let cool.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach to the dressing ingredients and lightly toss.
- Add the pasta to the rest of the salad and toss until mixed through.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.
You may also like: