These 3-Ingredient Tim Tam Balls are so easy to create and make the perfect sweet treat, dessert or homemade gift!
Tim Tam Balls
These Tim Tam Balls are so incredibly easy to make. They are so delicious, you won’t be able to stop at just one. The best thing is, you can make these balls in bulk and freeze them in airtight containers or zip lock bags.
For those who don’t know, Tim Tams are an Australia biscuit that is made by Arnott’s. These biscuits consist of two rectangular-shaped biscuits that are sandwiched together by a cream filling and then are covered with chocolate. Depending on the flavour of the packet you buy, the cream filling is flavoured and they can also be covered with dark or white chocolate.
These balls can be changed to make any flavour you want:
- use any type of Tim Tam biscuits such as caramel Tim Tams for a caramel ball
- or, use white chocolate Tim Tams for white chocolate balls
- use a 400g tin of condensed milk instead of cream cheese
- try adding dried cranberries or goji berries, place cherries or crushed pistachios before rolling into balls
Rolling the Balls
After the mixture has been made, refrigerate it for about 30 minutes as this will help make it easier to roll into balls.
Instead of rolling the balls in shredded or desiccated coconut, trying rolling them in Milo or crushed nuts.
Or rather, melt some chocolate and roll the balls in melted chocolate or drizzle the melted chocolate over the balls.
Store these delicious balls in the fridge for up to five days – if they last that long – or in the freezer for up to three months.
More Delicious Recipes
- Homemade Apple Turnovers
- Banana, Mango and Raspberry Popsicles
- Jelly Cheesecake Slice
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Strawberry Coconut Slice
- Choc Chip Cookie Slice
- Chocolate Weet-Bix Slice
- Chocolate Mousse
- Baked Donut Bites
Tim Tam BallsSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 400 g Tim Tams
- 250 g Cream Cheese, softened
- desiccated or shredded coconut
- Crush the Tim Tams in a food processor until smooth.
- Add mix-ins such as dried cranberries or glaze cherries, if using, and beat.
- Add in the softened cream cheese and process until just combined.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes before rolling into teaspoon-sized balls.
- Roll the balls in desiccated or shredded coconut, milo or crushed nuts.
- Place in the fridge or the freezer until ready to eat.
I used 1/2 packet of caramel tim tams and 1/2 packet of chocolate tim tams, but you could use whatever flavour you choose.
They freeze well, just like the milo balls, so can be made ahead.
Store the finished balls in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.