This Strawberry Syrup is so delicious and easy to make, you will love adding it to your pancakes, waffles and bowl of ice cream.
With only five ingredients, this strawberry syrup is a great addition to your breakfast or dessert menu.
Sterilising the jars you will be adding this to before you start making this syrup is important.
To make this syrup, you will need 4 cups of washed, dried and hulled strawberries. Then, place the strawberries into a blender or food processor processing until smooth. If you want a chunkier syrup that contains small lumps of strawberries, then just roughly dice the strawberries instead of processing them.
Add the strawberries and water to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
After straining the strawberry/water mixture, reserving the liquid, you can discard of the lumpy strawberry mixture.
Add the strawberry liquid back into the saucepan wi the sugar. Slowly bring to the boil, keeping it boiling for 5 minutes. Stir gently, making sure the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the saucepan. If foam appears on the top of the liquid, you can skim it off with a spoon.
Add the lemon juice, leaving on the heat for another minute before removing and stirring through the vanilla.
Place in your prepared jars and screw on the lids.
Allow to cool before placing gin the fridge.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Strawberry Coconut Slice
- Strawberry Jam
- Baked Chocolate & Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Wash, dry and hull strawberries.
- Place the strawberries in a blender or food processer and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the strawberries and discard the lumps, keeping the juice.
- Add the juice back into the saucepan with the sugar.
- Slowly bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes. If foam appears on the top, you can skim it off with a spoon.
- Add the lemon juice and heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir through the vanilla.
- Place in sterilised jars and screw on the lids.
- Allow to cool before placing in the refrigerator.
- Use within two weeks.
- For a chunkier syrup, dice strawberries instead of processing them and don't strain.