We bought a bulk lot of strawberries, but they needed to be eaten quite quickly. The boys asked about strawberry cupcakes and this is what we came up with.
I wasn’t really sure how they would go, but they did taste quite good.
Strawberry CupcakesSimple Living. Creative Learning
- 100 g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups strawberries pureed
- 3 cups icing mixture
- 1/3 cup strawberries pureed
- 150 g softened butter
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line muffin tray with cupcake papers and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the vanilla essence.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well in-between.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the milk and the strawberries and beat until well combined.
- Fill the cupcake containers until about 3/4 full and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the Icing, beat all the ingredients together until creamy.
- Pipe or spread the icing onto the cooled cupcakes and top with a piece of strawberry.