A great way to introduce a variety of different 2d shapes to young children in preschool, kindergarten and pre-k is with this fun and free Spider Shapes Printable Pack.
Spider Shapes Printable Pack
- counters or pom poms or small spider erasers
In this pack, you will receive 6 different activities that revolve around learning different 2d shapes with a spider theme. The activities are:
- Shape Matching Cards – Print out and laminate and use to match the correct shaped spider to the matching shaped web
- Shape Matching Cards with label – Print out and laminate and use to match the correct shaped spider to the matching shaped web. These cards have the name of the shape on both the spider and web cards to help learn the shapes or can be used to help with reading and even writing – they can practice writing the shape – skills
- Cut and Paste Mats – Cut out the three circles on the bottom of the page. You can laminate both the circle with the spider in it and the rest of the mat after the circles have been cut off. Then you can place a velcro dot on the back of the circle and on the dotted circle on the mat and children can practice placing the correct spider on the matching shaped web. Or children could glue the spider onto the web.
- Shape Matching Clip Cards – These cards can be cut out and be laminated for durability. Children will look at the shape of the web and the spider in the web and clip a paperclip or small peg or even place a marble, counter or pom pom on the matching shape in one of the three circles on the bottom of the card.
- Match the Spider to the Web – These mats can be laminated and children can use a dry-erase marker to match the web to the spider, or children could use a crayon or marker to draw lines to match the web to the spider.
- Shape Matching Mats – These mats can be cut out and laminated for durability or used as is. Children can place a counter, pom pom or small spider erasers on the two matching spiders. Then they can use a dry-erase marker (if laminated) or a pencil or crayon to trace the name of the shape.
These cards are mostly in black and white, with only a slight colour on the clip card pages – a total of 3 pages in all.
There are nineteen different shapes in this printable pack including:
- right angled triangle
- isosceles trapezoid
- obtuse triangle
More Shape Printables
- 2D Shape Apple Matching Cards
- Robin 2D Shape Puzzles
- Rattlesnake 2D Shape Cards
- 2D Shape Worksheets
- Lemon Tree Shapes Pack
- Shape Printable Pack
- Shape Playdough Mats
To get your copy of this Printable Pack, sign up below: