I cooked this chicken this morning in the slow cooker and it was ready in time for hubby to take to work with him to reheat for dinner.
Though I didn’t add the red pepper flakes or the sesame seeds, as I didn’t have any on hand.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 TBSP oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tsps cornflour dissolved in 6 TBSP water
- Sesame seeds
- Season both sides of the chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Put into slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, onion, tomato sauce, oil, garlic, pepper flakes.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 1 1/2 – 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker, leaving the sauce in the pot.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the water and pour into the slow cooker. Stir to combine with the sauce.
- Replace lid and cook sauce on high for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to post and toss with sauce before serving.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
Note: You can also sprinkle more red pepper flakes on top if you want more heat. Adapted from The Six Sisters
Tried this recipe? Share a pic on Instagram#simplelivingcreativelearning