There are lots of variations you could do, adding different flavoured bacon, mushrooms, garlic, capsicum and herbs as well as making more layers, depending on the size of your slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Breakfast
- 175 g bacon
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 red capsicum seeded and diced
- 10+ hash browns
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray the slow cooker with oil and place hash browns on bottom. I used 6 to cover the bottom of my slow cooker.
- Cook bacon until crisp and when cool chop into pieces. Saute onion, garlic and capsicum for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 the bacon on to the top of the hash browns, then 1/2 onion mix and the cheese. Repeat layer with cheese on top.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour into the slow cooker, cover and cook. It took about 6 hours on low heat.
- I used a pkt of pepper crusted bacon from Aldi and it added a bit of spice to the meal
- I have a large oval slow cooker, if you have a smaller one or a different shape you may need less.
- I only made two layers which is why I added half, if you want to make 3 you can just use thirds.
- I also added mushrooms and parsley to the garlic, capsicum and onion mix.