These free printable short I CVC printables are a great way to introduce CVC words to young children.
What are CVC Words?
CVC words are short, simple words that contain consonant-vowel-consonant sounds. These short words are easy for children to learn to break down into individual sounds, making them perfect for beginner readers to learn.
Why are CVC Words Important?
Learning CVC words help show children that letters translate into sounds. These sounds can then be blended into words. Once children work this out, their reading skills really start to improve greatly.
Due to the ease of decoding these short words, they become a powerful motivator for children as they become more experienced at reading.
Once they have the ability to sound out these simple words, they begin to use these skills on more complex words with more sounds.
CVC words are a great place to start when teaching children to become fluent readers.
Short I CVC Printables
Learning CVC words is important for young children. With the activities in this pack, children will learn about the following short I word families:
The activities included in these packs are:
- 3 part cards
- 3 piece puzzle – spell the CVC word while creating the picture
- 2 piece puzzle – match the picture to the word
- Write and build the word – trace the word, write the word, build the word with cubes, playdough and pattern blocks following the instructions
- Write the word – Spin and write the words
- I can read the words – read the words and mark them off as they have been read correctly
- Bookmarks which contain all the words for each word family the pack has been teaching
Other CVC Activities:
- Western CVC Words
- Build a CVC Word – Crab Theme
- CVC Pencil Puzzles
- CVC Tracing Strips
- Build a CVC Word – Construction Theme
- Build a CVC Word – Beach Theme
- CVC Christmas Tree Match
- CVC Easter Basket
- CVC Short A Activities
- CVC Short E Activities
- CVC Short I Activities
- CVC Short O Activities
- CVC Short U Activities
- Short A CVC Printables
To grab your copy of these free short I CVC Printables, click on the link below: